Removing Paint From Concrete

I attempted to remove very old paint from my concrete steps with a pressure washer with very little success. I only have one or two coats of paint to remove, and the paint has even worn off in places just from age. However, I increased the pressure on the nozzle as much as I could without damaging the concrete, but still only a very small amount of paint came off.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better method to remove paint from the concrete, like paint remover or some other chemical? I should add that these steps have a rough not smooth texture to the concrete. Please help! Thank you!

Truerblue from PA

Answers:

Removing Paint From Concrete

You might try calling a paint store or a concrete place if you don't find an answer on here that works. Good luck (06/29/2007)

By jillian357

Removing Paint From Concrete

My guess would be that the pressure of the washer isn't strong enough to take the paint off. Most of the home-type pressure washers aren't strong enough to take anything major off of anything. We had one and it didn't work well at all.

We purchased a new industrial strength washer last year and trust me, if you aren't careful, you'll be pointing at wood/concrete one sec and air the next. lol It will eat it up quick. Paint is gone in a few seconds no matter what it's on. (06/29/2007)

By Bama_Jypsy1

HI there, can you please tell me the brand name and what is the strength/psi of the pressure washer you used. Thanks

Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
An old painted concrete floor.
Painting Concrete Floors
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
🎉
🎄