Removing Paint From Fabric

I have a problem with permanent paints. I was so busy helping my son and making sure that he and the area was clean that I didn't think about me. I noticed a green spot on the front of my jeans and just today I noticed a green spot on the couch! So I looked at my pants again and there was more paint on the back of my jeans. Does anyone have any ideas that could possibly get the spot of the couch or jeans? Or am I stuck with it since it is permanent? The couch is a polyester fiber. Please help. Thanks.

Jessica from Eaton, OH

Answers:

Removing Paint From Fabric

Believe it or not, just when I had been told by 30 people that there was no way you could get paint out of denim, I found the solution.

Here's what I did. First, heavily douse the denim stained area with the product "Goof Off". Let it sit awhile, but not too long since it evaporates quickly.

Then here's my secret: You can purchase a bar of pumice in the laundry department of large, well-stocked grocery stored. Very gently begin wiping off the paint. DON'T scrub so hard that your wear a hole in the jeans. Just be patient. You might have to re-wet with "Goof Off." But it's worth it!

I'm an artist, and a sloppy one at that! I was just about to get rid of 3 pairs of my favorite jeans when I came upon this remedy. I've shared it with tons of folks and I've gotten more thank yous than you can imagine.

Now I've never tried this miracle on polyester fabric, so I don't want to feel responsible if there's a disaster. See, with the jeans you thrown them in the washer and it removes any "Goof Off" residue. But I just can't fit my sofa in the washer. I'd be careful on that one. Good luck! (02/24/2009)

By Barb

Removing Paint From Fabric

If its latex paint, try using Goof Off wipes. You can get it at any Lowes or Menards. (02/25/2009)

By Newby

Removing Paint from Fabric
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
🎉
🎄