Removing Paint From Hands

How can I remove paint from my hands with simple food products from my cupboard. I have tried using turps but all that is doing is giving off a strong smell throughout the house.

Hato from Auckland New Zealand

Answers:

Removing Paint From Hands

I use a little bit of olive oil and kosher salt. Just scrub and rinse, leaves hands nice and soft. (06/20/2006)

By pbcml

Removing Paint From Hands

Years ago,I worked in a store that sold paint and we would use Curel lotion. This was for paint that was freshly on our hands though. (06/21/2006)

By babz16

Removing Paint From Hands

I have also had good luck with the salt and olive oil method, but even better is prevention! Avon sells a hand cream called Silicone Glove that I have used for years when ever I refinish furniture, paint, or garden. It keeps these messy substances from soaking into your pores and staining the skin. My mom has been an Avon lady for almost 50 years and she swears by this cream. I have tried others like Jergen's and Vaseline Intensive Care and they do help keep stuff from soaking in, but that Silicone Glove works the best of anything I've ever tried. Make sure to rub it in well around your fingernails and underneath to protect those areas and let it soak in. It will feel a bit sticky for a short time but it will go away as it soaks into your skin.Then just wash up with soap and water when you've finished your 'dirty work' I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! (07/05/2006)

By jomomma1955

Removing Paint From Hands

Just use cooking spray like Pam and then scrub and rinse (10/30/2006)

By yoman56

Cleaning Fabric Paint off Kids Hands
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
🎉
🎄