Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

How do I remove paint from my white car without ruining the finish? One mark is from my children's swing (yellow) and the other one (black) from the garage door.

Thank you!
Carol from South Africa

Answers:

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge. It's awesome for removing just about anything without damage. (07/28/2006)

By bobmarbj

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge and it removed black permanent marker from my car and left no damage. Marker thanks to a 5-year-old. (07/28/2006)

By ljeant

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

The least expensive and fastest way is to take the car to a body shop or a reconditioner (found in the yellow pages) and have them buff the marks out. Or if you wanted to try it yourself go to auto parts store and buy 3M Rubbing compound part number 05973.3M or Finesse-it 2 Finishing material, part number 05928.You will also need buffing pads and a machine buffer.That is why I think you should take it to a refinisher or a body shop. They have the materials and know how. (07/29/2006)

By Dean

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

A good quality cleaner/wax should work if it's just a paint transfer to the surface on your car. Make sure it's safe for clearcoat finishes. Note: this is NOT rubbing compound, if your car has a clear coat finish as most have these days, rubbing compound will remove that clear coat and you will have a "spot" that will become more noticeable over time. (07/29/2006)

By BeanTownSteve

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

I had yellow paint scrape marks on my Acura blue paint finish. My husband carefully wiped Goof-Off on it and it came completely off. Do not rub in, carefully wipe off stain. (11/15/2007)

By Mary

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

I tried the Mister Clean Magic Eraser which did work. But be careful not to use too much elbow grease because when I used it to remove a bigger paint marking it messed up the car's clear coat a little. I don't know what is in that Magic Eraser that would cause that, but be careful.

Editor's Note: There is an abrasive in the Magic Erasers. They say not to use them on anything with a shiny finish. (07/04/2008)

By Brian

Removing Paint Marks From a Cars Finish

I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge on some white paint from a parking lot post. It worked perfectly. I kept it quite damp and used light pressure. The sponge package does recommend against this application, perhaps because overuse could do damage and they want to warn us. (09/13/2008)

By Marty

Removing Paint Marks From a Car's Finish
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
🎄