Removing Paint Stains from Clothing

How do I get dried paint and plaster out of black cotton?

By Kim from Elmira, NY

Use Goof Off

Try "Goof Off." You can get it at Home Depot or possibly other home improvement or hardware stores.

Be sure it's not Goo Gone, as that one doesn't work as well on dried paint.

By Southern Saver

Use Preen Ultra Degreaser

Try preen ultra degreaser. It works pretty well.

By scandalicious

Chip Off the Plaster

For the plaster, you can mostly just chip it off. As for the paint, you can use a number of different things. There's Shout, Resolve (for your carpet), you can use the hairspray thing (by the way, that's really awesome!). These only work if the paint is dry. If the paint happens to be wet (which it isn't in your case), you can wipe the paint off with a damp cloth.

By robyn_k

Try Rubbing Alcohol

My husband's black track pants had some paint splattered on them when he was staining the fence with a cream color to it (why he wore one of his favorite pairs is beyond me, lol). I tried just rubbing alcohol and a bit of elbow grease, making sure I was going in all directions to get right into the stain (not overly rough as you don't want to damage the material). Came out beautifully, had it already in the house, and no damage to the material! :D

By tobyhir

Hairspray Worked

My daughter got paint on her school blazer and was very upset thinking we'd have to buy a new one! We googled and tried the hairspray, and it worked a treat! Thanks very much, Deb

By peanut-tay

Photo of a man painting his house.
Removing Paint Stains from Clothing
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing