Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub

Painting the walls near your porcelain bathtub can result in paint getting on it. It is important to avoid scratching the porcelain when trying to remove the paint. This is a guide about removing paint from a porcelain bathtub.

May 19, 2005 Flag

I am looking for ideas on how to remove paint from a porcelain bathtub. Previous owners covered the tub with white paint to make it look "new" before selling the house. I want the old porcelain back!

lulugirl765 from Wisconsin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Paint stripper should work, test in an inconspicuos area first, or you might consider shelling out for an archival product like "peel away seven" I have used it to remove many many layers of paint from mouldings and hardware. it's a safe way to remove lead paint too

Goof Off, the stuff is great. Takes any kind of paint off the tub, I used it, tried so many things before. And it doesn't damage the tub. It even took paint off of my blouse!

Goof off? Or goop off?

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomOctober 31, 2011
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 11:12:39 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.