Removing Permanent Marker

How do I remove Sharpie ink from my computer flat screen and keyboard?

AngryGrandma from Alpine, CA

Answers:

Removing Permanent Marker

I removed Sharpie ink from a computer screen with a dry white "magic" sponge with gentle rubbing. No ink left and no scratches. Very happy about this. (03/12/2008)

By Lorcac

Removing Permanent Marker

When I became supervisor at a job the computer monitor had permanent marker all over it. I used a pencil eraser and some nail polish remover and it came right off. (03/16/2008)

By angelgrl1983

Removing Permanent Marker

All over the glass front doors at our church, there was graffiti in permanent marker. I searched "removing permanent marker" and found all these great tips. I love Magic Erasers, but was worried about using one on glass. I tried a pencil eraser and it works great. Thanks for all the great tips. (03/17/2008)

By Robyn

Removing Permanent Marker

I awoke one morning to find permanent marker all over my wood desk, and all over my monitor I uses several of things and Magic eraser "does not work". So I tried CLR, Vim with bleach and it basically surface touched it, but to completely get it off my mom tried bleach and what do you know it works.
Now my son isn't in big trouble with his dad.

Tabaitha G from
Calgary, AB CANADA (03/20/2008)

By Tabaitha G

Removing Permanent Marker

Thanks. I needed to get the Sharpie stains off a plastic surface in my home and within second I got it off using nail polish remover. It really works. (03/27/2008)

By Shannon

Removing Permanent Marker

Just had some "vandals" right profanity on our mailbox in red Sharpie. Used Orange Goop mechanics oil and it came off in about 10 seconds. (05/02/2008)

By H.

Removing Permanent Marker

I got permanent marker on my best friend's laptop and toothpaste worked. You are a life saver. Thanks. (05/19/2008)

By Melanie

Removing Permanent Marker

I just wanted to say that if you have a normal monitor, not a flat screen I know how to get it off. I did it just then, literally. I was tracing something on the screen with what I thought was a dried out permanent marker. When It left this really bad mark.

So I got a drop of dishwashing liquid on a tissue, dabbed it on the screen, wiped with slightly damp cloth, wiped dry with tissue, repeated 2x ( took me under 30 secs to get it all off) and viola! My screen is clean again.

Hope I helped.

luv haylestar
(06/06/2008)

By Haylestar

Removing Permanent Marker

Wow. Incredible. I accidentally wrote the wrong subject title on my son's plastic colored folder last night. I read the posts. I ran and got the Crest white toothpaste and with the tip of my sponge and a little pressure. It came all off. It's funny how excited I got over the ink coming off. A+ for this wonderful tip. (08/16/2008)

By Mayra

Removing Permanent Marker

Just so you know, you can also use alcohol, too, but let me warn you, if its something small, dip a Q-tip in the alcohol and rub it on the item then dry it. If its something big, put some alcohol on a rag, then wipe it off. It works great on hardwood floors. (10/12/2008)

By Monique

Removing Permanent Marker

Use hand sanitizer. It works on dry erase boards. (10/18/2008)

By Fera

Removing Permanent Marker

While I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for every surface, acetone works great for removing permanent marker ink from grease boards. Acetone is what's used for cleaning PVC, which is what the surface of a grease board basically is. It is available at Walmart in the paint section. (11/04/2008)

By Sam M.

Removing Permanent Marker

Isopropyl alcohol worked very well at removing sharpie mark from LCD computer screen. Just one wipe, and it was gone.

(12/13/2008)

By Wendi

Removing Permanent Marker

Use perfume or cologne. (12/28/2008)

By Lina

Tip of a Sharpie marker at the end of a squiggly line on white background.
Removing Permanent Marker
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
3 Sharpie Markers with a pen line.
Removing Sharpie on Kitchen Counters
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎄