Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture

How do you get permanent marker out of wood furniture?

Sally from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

The Off really works great. I actually used Deep Woods Off since we live in MN and it came off after 5 minutes of scrubbing. Use a generous amount to take off the marker faster. I had permanent marker on a naturally finished oak coffee table. (10/14/2006)

By jim

OFF gets it off! We just moved back into our house after having the hardwood floors redone and 2 of our sons drew on the floor with sharpie. I ran around the neighborhood looking for OFF. It lifted most of the stain right away and got almost all of it off. There are a few faint marks left, but it will be covered with carpet. (10/16/2006)

By Theresa

I couldn't believe it but OFF really took it off! I used a marker to write a sign and the ink soaked through the paper on our oak desk top. I thought the writing would be there forever. Thank goodness I looked this up on the web! (10/21/2006)

By D. Brady

Thank you so much for whoever posted the info. about removing permanent marker with the magic eraser. My daughter got hold of a permanent marker and drew a picture that bled through to our coffee table. I just so happened to have a magic eraser under my sink and it worked!! Thanks again. (10/22/2006)

By Felicia

Tried the toothpaste three times on a small part of the table but it just faded. Tried an ordinary rubber on the untreated parts and it was gone in seconds!

A colorful wooden dresser.
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎄