Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

The other day we were putting pictures on a CD from my computer and my daughter accidentally mislabeled two of the CDs. She was using permanent marker. Is there anyway we can erase the label on the CD in order to label it right?

Arlene from Janesville

Answers:

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

Most permanent marker can be removed with isopropyl alcohol. (07/10/2008)

By Cindy

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

I just this minute tried an idea. It worked. White Spirit. On a small cotton ball and a bit of elbow grease.
I had the CD on a cloth to stop any scratches. The wiped any surplus spirit off with the cloth afterward.
Wait for it to dry then rename your CDs. Thank you for prompting me to do this, now I can rename some of my CDs too.

Monique (07/10/2008)

By Monique63

RE: Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

Regular permanent markers and solvents can damage your CDs and DVDs. This damage will defeat the purpose of the CDs for storing valuable information or photos. You should always use CD markers made specifically for labeling CDs and DVDs. I am skeptical that the permanent ink these markers contain is different from other permanent markers, but for under $5 for a set of markers why take the chance of ruining the storage life of valuable CDs? (07/10/2008)

By kidsNclutter

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

You can't remove the marker from the CD. I would just get a CD labeler and make your own cover for it. (07/11/2008)

By Joyce WI

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

This will help you. Spray a little "OFF" Deep Woods (unscented is nice) on to a paper towel and wipe where the Permanent Marker is on the CD. Off comes the Permanent Marker.
Joycen. (08/16/2008)

By joycen

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

Another method that works very well is mixing Purell and GooGone together. Then wet a tissue or two with it and rubbing the CD makes it come right off. (08/07/2009)

By jamesmhobson

Removing Permanent Marker from a CD

Try rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover they both work. (08/07/2009)

By sweetpeadtg

A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎄