Cleaning Pet Urine Odors from Concrete or Cement

Category Odors
Kennel floors and patios can retain the odor of pet urine. This is a guide about cleaning pet urine odors from concrete or cement.

I guess we could read for days and days about animal urine, but my question may be new. Our son lives with us, and his big dog (part Rottweiler and part German Shepherd), has gone into heat again. She is a very sweet dog and we are planning to get her fixed. My question is about when she urinates outside. We live in an apartment, so she has to go on the cement patio, and it really is a strong fishy odor. Any magic tricks?

Kersti from Bellevue

Best Answer

I don't know about cement, but my "mom" uses white vinegar either straight or diluted when I have an accident. Of course, I'm a cat, so I don't know for sure how this might work for a dog. lol

Best Answer

If you want to get rid of the urine odor in concrete use odorxit concentrate. check out the specific instructions on their website under basement or concrete. It works for me.

OdoBan...it will remove all odors.

I think PetSmart has a product for this. A bleach and water solution or a vinegar and water solution might also work. Whatever the pet store sells is probably a mixture of something you can make at home anyways!!!

Anonymous

Does not work on concrete

Anonymous

Does not work on old dog odors. I have the same problem and have tried bleach, vinegar, peroxide, odoban, and TSP without resolution. I am going to the pet store and but some type of enzyme cleaner next.

When I moved into my new house the prior residents had both cats and dogs that urinated on the carpet. So when we moved in my little dogs peed all over the carpet also. We had to pull up the carpet and when we did we found out that there was rough concrete underneath. Well my dogs still pee on the carpet. I have used Pinesol and bleach it works for like a day then the smell comes back. What else can I use to get rid of the smell? I read that there was something that could break down the chemical make up of the urine and maybe keep the smell out of the concrete. If anybody could help me with this problem I would really appreciate it. Thanx

I wish i could help you, but I don't have a solution for you. I think concrete is a porous material and when you say its rough, it makes me think its more porous. I envision urine running down through all little cracks and crevices. It might be worth an estimate from a company that specializes in wet basements, etc. they would know what product you could put on the concrete to seal it... (polyuerthane ?) You don't need to hire them to do the work. Maybe you can do it yourselves. I would just ask for an estimate and then go from there to make your decision. I would not want to have to jackhammer up the concrete. I am sure if basements with concrete floors can be sealed there must be a way to help your situation. Good luck!

I'd like to ask if there is any way to remove odours from concrete caused by mink. Three years ago minks were placed in a semi finished building. After that, there is a terrible smell in all the building. Maybe due to their feed or urine. I really don't know. Can you help me counter this problem? Is there any special chemical product I can use to wash the concrete? Please help me.

By Anastasia from Greece

There is a cleaning product at most pet stores for ferret urine, since ferret and mink are very similar. I am sure this would work.

I'd cover the area with lime to remove the odor.