Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

How do I remove dog urine smell from carpet. My 13 year old lab has had a few accidents. I use a carpet cleaner, but the smell is still there. Thank you!

Maria from Sterling Heights, MI

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

What I use is baking soda, sprinkle on carpet, leave overnight, then vacuum. It might take a few goes, but it does work. We are looking after a baby lamb inside with our 14 year old maltese. (08/23/2006)

By nimwe

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I owe you folks my LIFE!

I moved into an apartment that is fully carpeted and had been inhabited by a "bunch of guys" and who knows what animals. When I steam cleaned the carpet it pulled up intense old urine odor in the living room and bedroom. A friend gave me some of a commercial concentrate that she swears by. Oh dear... the odor got worse. I was desperate, no only because I could not bear to come home to the odor, but my cats would soon start adding their contributions if I didn't solve the problem.

I found this site via google. I have soaked everything in cidar vinegar and the odor went mostly away immediately. Just to be sure, I sprinkled arm and hammer powder when the carpet was dry and vacuumed after an hour or so. So far so good. If something shows up again in a day or a week I can always try borax and other suggestions. (09/10/2006)

By choosenow

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

My house had 6 cats and 2 dogs previously living in it. I have already ripped out the carpet and pads and I applied enzymes to eat the urine (WARNING: Don't use any cleaners! The enzymes won't work if you attempt to clean the urine!). Unfortunately, we tried cleaning with bleach before using the enzymes so they didn't work as well. I'm waiting for the enzymes to dry then I will pressure wash the floors. After the water dries again, I will put 3 coats of a shellac primer down to seal the smell. I will never have any pets or even any carpets in my house for the rest of my life. (09/29/2006)

By Mark

A chihuahua on a white carpet.
Cleaning Dog Urine Odors from Carpet
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Dog laying on beige carpet next to a vacuum
Cleaning Urine Odors from Carpet
🎄