Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

How do I get puppy urine smell out of carpet and the house?

By Penny from Puyallup, WA

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Skip all the homemade stuff and buy "Nature's Miracle." I have had dogs for years (I foster them) and have had to deal with odors. The homemade stuff works a little but the odor comes back. Don't waste your time. Get the Nature's Miracle. (Note: I do not work for them, I just tried it and it actually took out the odor.) (10/06/2010)

By Tigertame4

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

The very best thing I have found for any type of odor at all is "XO." It is a product that does not contain chemicals or harmful things to either humans or pets. It is used in hospitals and nursing homes, as well as by many pet owners. I could not find any locally however, so I ordered mine from www.qvc.com; it is in Don Aslett's products; he is the head of the largest janitorial service in the USA. You can sign up to get emails when his products appear, usually in problem solutions.

It's very concentrated, so a little lasts a very long time. You can get it from either there or his own site. Worth its weight in gold! (10/06/2010)

By MzScarlett

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I don't know where I heard this, but try regular rubbing alcohol; maybe it will help.

Lots of luck to you! (10/06/2010)

By metroplex

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

White vinegar is amazing! I've never had a pet urine odor linger after pouring some white vinegar over the spot. I do this after steam cleaning the spot. (10/07/2010)

By duckie-do

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Resolve or the generic is good for the spots, but white/clear vinegar about 1/2 cup in a 1/2 gallon of hot water, pour over site and suck up immediately with your carpet shampooer completely. Then in a rinse, I use 1 teaspoon Febreeze in 1/2 gallon hot water, in the shampooer. Go over spot until all rinse is done, then suck it up. You can't tell you have had a pet in the place. Make sure any time you shampoo carpets that you use floor fans until area is dry to avoid that stale smell that could mean mold. (10/10/2010)

By TandT Grandma

A chihuahua on a white carpet.
Cleaning Dog Urine Odors from Carpet
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Dog laying on beige carpet next to a vacuum
Cleaning Urine Odors from Carpet
🎉
🎄