Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

How do I get the smell of pet urine out of the carpet? The whole room smells. I've had a shitzu for about 3 months. She is house trained. I stopped putting her in a crate because I am gone for most of the day. She wasn't' peeing in the house, so I decided to leave her in my daughters room. Now she has started to pee at the door, and other places in her room. I have cleaned it up but it smells bad. I don't know what to do. I don't' want to crate her for too long, but I can not continue to let her pee. The room smells horrible. Any suggestions?

Delilah from TX

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

It won't be easy. For very stubborn stains, you'll need to buy a carpet machine. Soak the spots with an enzyme-type urine neutralizer such as Zep. Let sit for a day at least. Then using the carpet cleaner, wash with a 50-50 mix of vinegar and water. Soak it well. Then wash with a 9:1 mix of water and bleach. Then rinse with a powerful deodorizer mixed with water. Let dry. If the smell is still there, do it all over again. One step eats much of the urine, the next neutralises the PH level, the next kills bacteria and the last freshens. Don't be afraid to soak it well. Just make sure you extract as well as is possible. (06/04/2008)

By Brend

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Soak it with white vinegar. Vinegar smell will be around for a week, then febreeze it for like a week. Gone. (06/24/2008)

By Anna

Dog laying on beige carpet next to a vacuum
Cleaning Urine Odors from Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Close up of carpet shampooer removing suds from carpet
Pet Urine Smell After Using a Carpet Cleaning Machine
A chihuahua on a white carpet.
Cleaning Dog Urine Odors from Carpet
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄