Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

What really gets rid of cat urine odors, cheaply? No, I won't give up my babies, but something has GOT to work. Has anyone had any success at all without it costing an arm and a leg? The smell is in the carpets.

Kip from Llano, TX

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I too have successfully used Natures Remedy and have found it to work every time. If you're unsure where exactly the urine is in the room, turn off the lights and use a blacklight - the urine stain will glow white. (10/23/2008)

By Lori

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I have used white vinegar pouring it directly on the carpet remember to soak the padding underneath as well. Worked for me. The vinegar scent goes away fairly quickly after it dries.

Cats usually don't pee without cause, make sure you have kitty checked for underlying bladder infection, getting bloodwork for kidney problems. Then if it's behavioral (like my skittish kitty), the kitty can be placed on behavioral meds like Wellbutrin.

Could be as simple as she wants another box or doesn't like litter. (Some cats like to poop and pee separately.) Sometimes their is an issue of ownership of a box by another cat. Or she may just want to pee and its being used.

PS - Just saw post of woman spraying her cat with vinegar when she is near the spot. Please don't do that! Never spray your cat with anything other than water! You can do harm to their eyes. Believe me water in a spray bottle will do the trick. (10/25/2008)

By Dorina

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I have also used products from Getthesmellout.com My parents have four cats and one doesn't like the litter box. We treated all the spots we could find -with a black light and our noses - with Get the Urine Out. I took care of all the urine smell. (11/17/2008)

By Rich

Removing Cat Urine Smell From Carpet

A friend told me to try putting dry, unused coffee grounds down on the spot where my cat had peed. Leave the grounds down for a couple of hours (my friend said a day, but we've found that 3-4 hours is enough). Afterward, just vacuum it up. Worked like a charmed. Not just for carpets, any cloth. (11/29/2008)

By Karen

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Thanks Kristen, Odogone from Sam's club is amazing! My dog peed on my carpet three days before Christmas. I'm having 30 people at my home and my family room stunk of urine even after steam cleaning the carpet twice! I sprayed Odogone and the smell is gone. I can't believe it! I'm so happy. Thank you so much! (12/23/2008)

By Colleen

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Just a little tip: Professional carpet cleaners that offer deodorizer can not offer that it will get out animal urine smell! That is because it does NOT work so don't waste your money! Now with no pets and to make your house smell good, is what it's meant for! Another tip: if the urine new, pour salt on it. Cover with something like a pie pan, let sit 24 hours and vacuum up ( the salt should be yellow). Spray with vinegar, soak up extra with towel, let dry, repeat two or three times. IT WORKS! Spray Febreeze to eliminate vinegar smell. It will go away after a few days. (01/08/2009)

By Al

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Glad I found this site, given me some insight on how to get rid of pet odors in my carpet. I live in an old house and the carpet although it's still in good shape, I really can't afford to replace it just yet, so I tried the vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle and ta da, the odor almost immediately disappeared!

What a relief. I've read of so many different products to use and this one seems to have worked so far. I wanted to post to see if anyone has ever used the water and vinegar solution in a carpet shampooer? I figured if you can use it in a coffee maker to clean it out, what would be the harm to the shampooer. Will most likely try it in the a.m. and see if I can eliminate the odor in the whole carpet. (01/10/2009)

By Sam

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I tried Odorzout from Petsmart and it did not work. I used a shampoo formulated for per odor and that also did not work. Finally I used a 50/50 vinegar and water solution in my machine and it got the smell out. It took a few days for the smell you disappear. But it worked. I used 3 gallons of vinegar on 4 rooms. It smelled pretty weird in here for a while. But after it cleared, it was normal again! (01/12/2009)

By lucky1001

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I was laying on the carpet in my hallway and smelled dog pee. I am going to try vinegar I hope it works. (01/24/2009)

By Christopher B.

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

My roommates dog keeps having accidents on my carpet. I hate coming home to the smell of urine all the time. I used a steam cleaner with half water and and half laundry detergent. It got the stain out and covered the smell for a couple of days but eventually came back. I have read on here that a lot of you are using vinegar so I will give that a try and if not well I guess the dog will have to go. Wink, wink. (02/10/2009)

By Lisa

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

My male cat loves to pee on my scatter rugs, bath mats, etc. I have poured vinegar directly on the spots and let it sit for 15-30 minutes. I then soaked the article in the washing machine and then proceeded to wash. Have put the article outside to dry. When dried, I could still smell the spot where the cat has peed - NOW WHAT? If I put this article back down on the floor, he will smell it and repeat the peeing process. Have had to remove all scatter rugs/mats but when company comes and need to put them down, I'm in big trouble. (02/24/2009)

By Kay

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I found a great product to remove pet odors it is called Whiff Whacker and I found it at www.thevetsource.com I first used it to remove the smell of cat from my garage. After I had pressure washed the garage it still smelled like cat I sprayed this stuff on it and came back two hours later to a smell free garage. It is all natural and it works great inside the house too I also used it on the spare bedroom rug after a female Dalmatian made messes on the rug. Now I use this stuff all over. (03/11/2009)

By petsrgreat

cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎄