Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

I have a 8x10 white black photo, there is a 4 1/2 inch piece of glass stuck onto the photo. How do I remove the glass without peeling the old photo? Is there any place I can send it to to have it repaired? Please advise asap. Thanks!

Tracie

Answers:

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

Try putting it into the freezer for a while; then the photo (still cold) should unpeel. I've heard this works, haven't tried it myself. (09/28/2010)

By joanne

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

Before you try anything at least get a copy of the photo by scanning it or taking it to Staples and have them do it. That way if what you try does not work at least you have a copy of the photo. (09/29/2010)

By Lilac

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

If the photo is not a computer printed photo from your home printer, but was actually processed by a photo center, you can soak the glass and photo in water. It should be easy to remove then. Part of photo processing is the final water bath. After it is removed, allow it to air dry. It will curl a bit, but the photo should still be good. (09/30/2010)

By Noella

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
old photo
Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
🎉
🎄