Removing Pink Clothing Dye Transfer from Dress

I have a white dress, 100% cotton, with colored embroidery on it. I hand washed the dress, but dried it in the dryer with pink clothes. The entire dress turned to pale pink. I want to remove the pink color and change it back to white without disturbing the colored emroidery design. If I use bleach the embroidery will also get spoiled. What should I do? Please help. It's my favorite dress.

Answers

Best Answer

Use Oxiclean. It makes white white and keeps other colours in place. Soak the dress in warm to hot water that has a scoop of Oxiclean in it.

Best Answer

I washed a khaki shirt my husband had just bought to go fishing in with my new blue dress from Indonsia. I washed it three more times and still that blue dye was all over the shirt. I happened to have some Oxiclean and I soaked it in that with boiling water and instantly the water turned blue! Thank you so much for saving me from having to tell him about his new shirt being ruined!