Removing Plastic Wall Anchors

I am taking down some heavy pictures that were hung on a screw with the plastic support (not sure what it's called) in the wall. Since I am moving, should I remove those plastic pieces and fill in the hole, hammer them lightly into the wall and then fill them, or just leave them? I don't think just leaving them for the next owners would be appropriate but I want to do the best thing.

Thanks for any advice!

Kim from WI

Answers:

Plastic Wall Anchors

If you have a bit of "touch-up" paint that you can leave for the new owner then it`s best to leave the "plugs" where they are. The new owner may be able to make use of them exactly where they are and if not; they can be removed and the area "touched up". This actually happened to me. (10/18/2006)

By Mairmie

Plastic Wall Anchors

I would leave them in. For all you know, the new owners may decide to hang a picture in exactly the same place, or put up new pictures to cover them. (10/18/2006)

By Cathy