Removing Plastic from the Top of a Stove

I have a melted plastic knob from a teapot on my white stove. Any idea how to remove the residue without ruining the surface of the stove?

MaryEllen from Wallingfor, CT

Rubbing alcohol works well to remove melted plastic from an appliance or pot/pan. Dab some alcohol on the cooled plastic, let it sit a moment and then wipe off the residue. (02/11/2007)

By Teri

Try heating it with the high setting of a hair dryer then gently lifting with a thin, flat edge such as a razor blade used for getting paint off glass. (02/14/2007)

I read through the suggestions listed and went with what I had handy. A plastic rice cake bag melted on my cook top. While warm I got most up with a spatula, but was left with a thin film of plastic melted on my stove. Once cold, I sprayed it heavily with WD40, let it sit for about 30 seconds and lightly scrapped it with a one sided razor blade. The film came right off. I wiped down the stove with glass cleaner to remove the "oily" residue. I'm relieved - thanks to all who posted. (09/03/2007)

By Jeff - Cape Cod

Removing Melted Spatula from Stove Top
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Stove Burner
Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top