AdviceCleaning

Removing Printer Ink from the Ceiling

I was filling my ink cartridge today and I had this needle thing and I didn't realize that it can squirt out ink. Now I have Inkjet ink on my ceiling. How can I remove the ink without smearing it and removing the paint?

You will have to put a coat of Kilz or similar product, then touch it up with the same color paint as the rest of the ceiling.

Thanks, someone else said kilz too.

I got some all over the wall and the only thing that worked was watered down non-acetone nail polish remover. Good luck!

I hope one day you will be able to look back on this and smile but I know right now you are facing a pretty big job.

If this were me, I just believe that I would be willing to try several suggestions before tackling a ceiling paint job.

You do not say what type of finish your ceiling has and you may not have any idea as to what type of paint was used (unless you did it yourself) so that could be a problem with cleaning or painting.

I have cleaned ceilings before and I covered a sponge mop with an old t-shirt for the job. It worked pretty good but I feel sure there are better ways. (covered floors, arms, and wore a hat)

Here are a couple of links with some suggestions just in case you want to think about it. (usually walls are the same as ceilings when talking about cleaning.)

http://www.wiki  f-a-Painted-Wall

https://www.you  ch?v=bl7E7SoPjQA