Removing Rust From Baking Pans

How can I remove rust from metal baking pans?

Doreen from Suffield, CT

Answers:

ZUD

There's a product called ZUD. I don't remember who makes it anymore. It's in a green and yellow can just a bit smaller than a Comet can. It's in the same isle as Comet and such. It works wonders! Try that, if that doesn't work, try soaking your pans in a small solution of crystal automatic dishwashing detergent. It only takes but a small bit and only soak them for a half an hour. That should do the trick. Let me know if you have any luck.

By Chris from PA

Bar Keepers Friend

Try a Bar Keepers Best Friend powder and scrub. It is sold near the Ajax and Comet. It works great on burnt on OLD grease and burn marks from a BBQ pit grill.

By Andjerm

Steel Wool

I have bought many a baking pan and pots and pans that have a little rust. I take steel wool and scrub until the rust is removed. Then I wash in good hot sudsy water and dry with a towel. Metal baking pans seem to rust when run through the dishwasher so I always hand wash my pans.

By Debra in Colorado

Coca Cola

Soak it in Coke. It sounds gross, but Coca-Cola is great for removing rust.

By Miike

Baking Soda

Rinse the pans in water, don't dry them. Instead sprinkle some baking soda on the rusty areas. Allow to sit approximately 30 minutes, then scrub. Depending on the size of the rusty area, you might have to do this twice.

By Lynn

Cooking Oil

If I have pans that tend to rust in the drawer I always use a paper towel with some cooking oil on it and wipe them all over. This seems to keep them from getting rusty again. The oil won't hurt you, you can even heat them a little after oiling before putting them away. (05/13/2007)

By Angel

Rusty muffin pan.
Removing Rust from Baking Pans
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Baking Pan
Preventing Rust on Baking Pans
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎄