Removing Rust From Chrome

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers rub with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

By Connie A.

Answers:

Removing Rust From Chrome

Here's an incredibly easy and cheap way to take care of all your worries. Wrap aluminum foil around your finger, shiny side out, and rub until the rust disappears. Then wipe the surface with a damp cloth. Problem solved! Hope this helps you. (09/07/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Rust From Chrome

I have an old bicycle that was covered in rust. Before attempting anything else, I tried this trick because it was simple a cheap. Worked like a charm!

The bike looked great afterward, and I was able to salvage the handle bars and fenders, which is why I wanted the bicycle in the first place. Finish with chrome cleaner/polish to bring out the shine! (05/10/2008)

By Jeanine

Removing Rust From Chrome

I thought you were crazy with the suggestion but was at my wits end. I had tried everything in my house to get the handlebars of an antique kid's riding toy clean for my one year old grandson. Tried it and it worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you! (02/07/2009)

By Tom D.

Removing Rust From Chrome

Thank you! I just tried this and have removed the rust spots on the chrome bumper of my car. Had I not found this trick I'd have gone out and bought some expensive cream that probably wouldn't have worked. Bumper now looks as good as new. Brilliant! (04/06/2009)

By moomin

Removing Rust From Chrome

Since I moved south, I had a lot of rust on my motorcycle. I tried WD-40, CLR, and they removed little rust. Good old coca-cola worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip! (09/04/2009)

By cot62

Removing Rust From Chrome
Polished Chrome on Classic Car
Polishing Chrome
Rust on Chrome
Removing Rust from Chrome
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄