Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

How do I remove rust from concrete?

By SharinWithU from MN

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

I found a great rust remover, so far it has worked on everything. I have used it on my concrete stairs, the wood on my deck, and my husband's clothes just to name a few. It is called "Whink" and comes in a brown bottle. I usually get it at Walmart. Good luck.

LJD7988 (06/18/2009)

By LJD7988

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

Whink is a very strong acid, really nasty stuff, as acids go. I have some, but don't leave it on. Use it and watch the stain go, then rinse. For concrete try muratic acid, you can get it at most home centers. Acid is what dissolves oxidized iron, which is what those stains are. You could try white vinegar, pour it on and let it set. You may have to do it again, but it's easier to deal with. It's PH is about 4.5, the Whink is much lower, so is muratic. (06/18/2009)

By c t

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
concrete driveway
Removing Rust Stains from Concrete
🎉
🎄