Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

I have well water and can't get the iron stains out of the shower and tub. Anyone know what works?

By Maggie from St. Augustine, FL

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Vinegar always works for me, good luck. (04/18/2010)

By kffrmw88

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Use Tang or powdered Lemonade mix. Put it in a Parmesan cheese shaker from the dollar store. Simply shake it on a wet surface and let it sit for about half an hour (or overnight) then scrub lightly with a toothbrush and rinse. I saw this tip on the TV show "The Queen of Clean" and it really works! Even for rust on Cement driveways and garage floors!

* It's the "Citric Acid" in these drink mixes that makes them work. It's cheaper to buy straight Citric Acid powder an any "Ethnic" store especially an East Indian store for about $3 or $4 and it will last you for a year or two! You can also buy Citric Acid Powder anywhere you would find Candy Making supplies. (04/19/2010)

By Cyinda

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Try scrubbing it with lemon juice and salt if that don't work try a pumice stone. Hope this helps. (04/19/2010)

By laura343

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Pumice stone (06/19/2010)

By missipooh82

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

I found the miracle answer! We replaced our community well pump over Christmas, what a mess. Our water has been disgusting. I think we finally are on our way to clean water again. I purchased a product called Whink Rust Stain Remover and it is incredible (found it a Menards). No need to scrub hard. The directions say to use on only white fixtures, but our sinks, showers and toilets are all off white and they now look like they are brand new! I did also use this on our dark blue granite sink and the product worked awesome as well without any damage to the color. Good luck.

(01/08/2011)

By khelger904

rust stains bathroom sink
Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄