Removing Set-in Grease Stains

How do I get grease stains out, that are set in by the sun?

By dirabor from Carribean

Answers:

Removing Set-in Grease Stains

They say that "GOOP" hand cleaner works wonders as a stain remover (it's made to remove car grease and oil from hands). Scrub it into the fabric with an old toothbrush then wait an hour before washing. Buy this at a dollar store or at an auto parts store. I've also heard that WD-40 can also work, but I've never tried it. (06/15/2009)

By Cyinda

Removing Set-in Grease Stains

I have had fairly good luck with Pears bar soap. Just wet the spot or wet the bar soap and rub in good. You can also use a toothbrush on stain. It's worth a try. (06/15/2009)

By kostalota

Removing Set-in Grease Stains

I have noticed that using classic Dawn dish soap, not the ultra Dawn works for me every time. It works even if the clothing has been washed and dried in the dryer. Put a dab from the bottle right on the grease spots on your clothing and rub it in. Don't use too much because dishwashing soap is not good for the washing machine. You might need to adjust the amount of detergent you regularly use in that cycle so the combination won't be too sudsy. The Dawn Ultra doesn't seem to work for me, it may not have the same compound formula as the Classic Dawn. None of the other dishwashing liquids seem to work as well, but you could give it a try. (06/19/2009)

By grammy123

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease Stains from Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
A mechanic working on a car.
Removing Car Grease Stains From Clothing
A woman eating a salad in a wool sweater.
Removing Food Grease from Wool Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 12:13:46 AM on 10.0.0.119 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.