Removing Sharpie Marker from Skin

How do you remove permanent marker off of a 3 year old's skin?

By Rachel from Victoria, TX

Answers:

Removing Sharpie Marker from Skin

Well what people do at work is use makeup remover or toothpaste. It works really well. (11/24/2010)

By Anonymous

Removing Sharpie Marker from Skin

Rubbing alcohol will often take most of it off. Do not use anywhere near the eyes, nose, or mouth; and you might want to test on the inside of his/her arm, as sometimes it stings. I have never tried the toothpaste, but it sounds like the safest bet. Be aware that every parent will look at your child and chuckle to themselves, because we have all been there, done that! It says nothing about your parenting, except that you are raising a child with a good imagination and maybe a little artistic flair! (11/24/2010)

By Jilson

Removing Sharpie Marker from Skin

Take a picture to save for them when they grow up and their child does the same thing! It will wear off and won't hurt your child's skin as much as trying to remove it will. Live with it, most kids do this! (11/29/2010)

By catastrofy

Removing Sharpie Marker from Skin

This reminds me of the time my then 4 year old son donned his turtleneck, jeans, vest and cowboy hat, his Mickey Mouse sheriff badge and drew a 5 o'clock shadow on himself and declared he was the Lego Sheriff! Nice long soaks in the tubby helped, but I didn't scrub it off. It was off in a few days. Cherish those moments! They grow up so fast! (11/29/2010)

By Bethmom1961

Removing Sharpie Marker from Skin

The oils, shaving cream, and the rest all work. I have also used "Goo Gone" or "Dissolvit", on kids, carpets, upholstery, and you name it. Then I follow with the soap of my choice, though Dawn and Windex always work! Darn kids. Lipstick on a cream rug, always bad, but after the above treatment, not a trace. Good luck. (11/29/2010)

By Bluey21

Removing Sharpie from Skin, Closeup of Sharpie Pen
Removing Sharpie from Skin
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
Permanent Ink
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Metal
🎉
🎄