Removing Sideburns Advice for Women

Category Tips
This guide contains removing sideburn advice for women. When you cut or shave sideburns the blunt hairs can appear to grow in thicker.

I stupidly shaved my sideburns for the past two months. I was tired of keeping up with it so I decided to let it grow back. What a mistake! Not only did it grow back thicker, it grew back weird and resembles a man's sideburns!

I'm not sure what to do now. The hair was fine before and now it's thick! I thought it was a total myth that the hair doesn't change but in my case it did. I'm too embarrassed to wear my hair up now. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

By Mariem

Best Answer

I have done that before. A lot of women get their face waxed which includes that area so just let the hair grow back just a little bit and go get it waxed. It will last for at least 4 weeks and maintain it.

Best Answer

Relax. Your hair seems thicker and tougher because it is short. Let it grow and the sun will lighten it a little and it will get softer as it grows. Soon it will be as before.

Best Answer

Hair only seems thicker when it has been cut because the ends are blunt. Eventually it will return to its prior condition.

Anonymous

As Lilac said it just 'seems' thicker and tougher. And as the other poster mentioned, 'just relax'.

It is biologically impossible for hair to permanently do what you're mentioning and if anyone tries to convince you otherwise they have listened to too many old wives tales. You'll be okay when it grows a bit more :-)

I just shaved my sideburns off because I thought it looked really weird to be a girl and have dark brown sideburns. Now it all stubbly and I can't pull my hair up or anything. I was just wondering if there's a way I could make them look better? Or should I just leave me hair down for a couple months? Does the hair grow in darker and thicker?

By sugarcandy from Seattle, CA

Best Answer

It will not grow in thicker. I would just wear your hair down for a few months, or use a wide cloth headband that covers the area. What ever you do, don't use eyebrow pencil to draw it in. It will be more noticeable then.

Best Answer

Use dabs of gel to tame the stubbies until they grow out.

You should never shave them! If you don't like them then use wax to remove them but have a professional do it for you. Just were your hair down for a couple of months or go to a beauty salon and see if they can help you.

Ugh. I feel ya there. The only thing to do now is let it grow out, or shave it every day. That, or get 'em threaded - you don't wanna wax your face, it makes your skin saggy. Good luck.

Hey I have a similar problem. I've decided to just let it grow out. Is that what you did? Can anyone Please tell me if it will eventually grow back to normal?

No, it doesn't grow back darker or thicker. Relax. It's OK to shave your sideburns. Most women end up shaving other parts of their face when they're older anyway. And I've been shaving my mustache since I was 13, every day since I was 15. And I'm in my 50's now. It's no big deal. Millions of women do it, but very few admit to doing it.

If you shave your side burns and don't shave them wouldn't it just be as noticeable I have dark hair no matter what is shave.