Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

My dog was sprayed by a skunk and we seem to have gotten the odor out of her fur with dog shampoo, but I can't get the terrible smell out of her mouth. What do I do?

By Bobbi from NC

Answers:

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

If the dog is manageable, I would mix baking soda and peroxide and brush its teeth. Baking soda and peroxide are the two main ingredients in the skunk shampoo that we have used successfully, so they might help. It is a mixture used for humans, so shouldn't hurt the dog. Try to avoid using an excess, so it won't swallow a lot and get an upset stomach. (02/21/2010)

By Jilson

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

Try peanut butter! (02/25/2010)

By tnoell

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

I heard you can bath in tomato juice to remove the smell of a skunk. Maybe give him some to drink, It may work on his mouth odour. (03/21/2010)

By Pennypacer

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

Our dog Simon got sprayed by a skunk and we used chemist Paul Krebaum's formula to get it out. It worked great. The formula is here along with some other ideas for "additional cleansing". Hope this helps!

hubpages.com (06/05/2010)

By Dorsi

A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Dog
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎉
🎄