Removing Skunk Smell From House

My children got sprayed by a skunk. we used the peroxide solution and they don't smell, but the garage, car, and bathroom do. How do I get rid of the odor?

June from Middle Island, NY

Baking Soda and Vinegar

We set out bowls of baking soda and apple cider vinegar in every room. We also used citrus scented candles. Be sure to change your air filter so the old one doesn't keep recycling the bad smelling air. It takes awhile. Just keep renewing the soda, etc. If you can open the windows and get fresh air, that helps so much. Good luck. It isn't an easy problem to solve! I wish you the best.

By Glenda

Keep Pets Out of the House Until Cleaned

Absolutely Positively do everything in your power to keep the dogs from entering your house once they get sprayed. Not even the garage! My St. Bernard just killed a skunk last night and he stunk to high heaven. Even though it was 11 at night, we put him on a tie out outside, got rid of the skunk, and then began washing with vinegar, then tomato juice/puree/paste mixture I concocted, then normal shampoo.. it is best to try to clean them up as best as possible before letting them in. The house task is much larger than cleaning the dog!

By Steph

Removing Skunk Smell From House

Thanks, you all. You saved us after our first skunking ever. My son let the dog back in the house and sneaked back to bed after a 1:30 AM spraying!

After the peroxide/baking soda/dish liquid, my husband bought a skunk shampoo from the vet and washed the dog again. Now he smells worse! It really was a "skunk shampoo!" Back to the peroxide.

We are still ridding the house of the odor after a week. We did the apple cider bowls and the fresh ground coffee. I'm off to Wal-mart for Ozium Spray.

It was just a few minutes but I don't know everywhere the dog may have rubbed against until I got him out. Is there a skunk odor detector out there?

By Lilycat

Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 11:59:44 AM on 10.0.0.42 in 931 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.