Removing Soap Scum From Bath Tub or Shower

How do I clean soap scum from a tub, once and for all? Commercial products don't work.

By krs2009 from Fargo, ND

Answers:

I too use the Magic Eraser and it works wonders. I don't use soap or cleaner on the eraser, but just plain water. Once I get the sticky soap scum off, I use soap on the eraser to make the tub shine. I don't have to use muscle to clean either. I have looked for years for the best cleaner and solution, and this is the best so far. (09/08/2009)

By inabsentia

I keep a squeegee in a hanging basket in the shower. After every shower I squeegee the tub surround. This keeps me from having to scrub the surround. For the bathtub itself, a once a week cleaning with a non-abrasive cleanser works well. I also make sure that after my shower I close the curtain liner so it's spread out until it dries and that prevents mildew on the liner. (09/09/2009)

By chef4u

This sounds crazy, but it works. Before I started cleaning the tub, I took one of those gadgets that holds a straight edge razor blade and lightly scraped the "gump" off. This makes the job a whole lot easier. The stuff just falls in the tub and I vacuum it up with the vacuum attachment from the dry tub. I learned this online somewhere. Now we never use bar soap. It's more expensive, but it doesn't form the scum like the bars do. I buy inexpensive liquids. (09/09/2009)

By TXBetty

cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎉
🎄