Removing Soap Scum From Bath Tub or Shower

I said in my last request it took all day to clean part of the bathroom. Well, I still have soap scum on the tub. I have scrubbed it 3 times. One time after soaking it in hot water with white vinegar. After a bit I then added baking soda. It fizzed lots but the scum will not budge. Any ideas other than ammonia.

Sandy from Baltimore

Answers:

I have been scrubbing all morning, but I have finally finished. I used Goo Gone and an old toothbrush to get all the black soap scum and mineral build up off of the bottom of my shower. (The stuff that is in the groves of the slip resistant showers) It took a while, but I am going to try using lemon oil to keep it clean. It took all morning, but it is clean. I'm happy! (03/05/2007)

By Kim

I have tried every kind of product, you can name, for soap scum in my bathtub. None of them worked. Of course, the last thing, and probably the least expensive thing, I used on my fiberglass tub, was Comet Bath Spray. I had the WORST soap scum build up. It looked black and dirty. After using the Comet Bath Spray.. it looked like a brand new tub! Easy and not expensive. Hope this helps everyone out there!!! (03/06/2007)

By Lyn

cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎉
🎄