Removing Stains From Cleaner on a Bathroom Mirror

Category Glass
Bathroom Mirror
Some cleaning products are not intended for use on a mirror and can actually leave stains. This is a guide about removing stains from cleaner on a bathroom mirror.

Thanks! The toothpaste on the mirror worked great to remove spatter from cleaning agents off my mirror. I tried using vinegar, glass cleaner, and Clorox wipes to remove the spots but neither worked. Rubbed Colgate toothpaste in the spots with my fingers and "Presto", the spots are gone. I wiped off with damp paper towel. I'm glad I don't have to replace the mirror!

Source: Post by another reader.

By Lauri from Aurora, IL

How do you clean a bathroom mirror that was mistakenly sprayed with cleaning solution.

Rdell from Landisville, NJ

Answers:

Stain From Cleaner On Bathroom Mirror

You could always try Goo Gone, it worked on our mirrors that had Infusium leave in conditioner spray splatters on them. Good Luck! (01/17/2007)

By trafficqueen04

Stain From Cleaner On Bathroom Mirror

Is the stain just around the edges of the mirror? If so, the cleaner probably ran to the edge of the mirror and got on the back of the mirror and damaged the "silvering". That is expensive to fix. You should always spray your glass cleaner on your polishing cloth, not directly on the mirror. (01/18/2007)

By Grandma Margie

I have used a cleaner, or something on my mirror in the bathroom that has cause a stain that won't go away. It is not a water stain. It is from a cleanser. Anyone have any ideas on how to clean it off. I have tried a lot of things, even oven cleaner. I think that made it worse.

Kathy3335 from Washington State

Answers:

Stain From Cleaner On Bathroom Mirror

Dear Kathy 3335, a friend of mine mistakenly let some bathroom cleanser dry on her bathroom mirror. (The label had said to rinse off immediately if used on a mirror but she didn't read it in time.) Anyway, the darn stuff dried on her mirror like rock; she and her husband tried just about everything to get it off with no luck and then decided to try toothpaste which worked like a charm! Not sure exactly what kind of toothpaste they used and you might want to try a little toothpaste on the mirror in the corner first to make sure it doesn't ruin the finish; but it might be worth a try. Good luck! (04/30/2005)

By Lynn from Calif.