Removing Stains from an Old Bathtub

How can I get stains out of an old bathroom tub? It may or may not be made out of porcelain.

By Alan from Ludlow, KY

Chances are, if it's stained badly, then more than likely it's porcelain and the glass finish has been scoured off. Never use an abrasive scouring powder to clean porcelain not even Bon Ami. Porcelain has a glass finish, would you use a scouring powder to clean your mirrors or windows? Of course not. Do a web search for 'Cleaning damaged porcelain', there are lots of recommendations, if your tub is an antique, you may have to seek professional services if it's worth it.

Our upstairs tub in a huge old porcelain tub. I had an ugly rust stain running down the front of it that was there when we purchased our home. One day I was cleaning the toilet with toilet cleaner liquid I purchased from the Dollar Tree store. I was amazed at how it cleaned up the rust stain in the bowl. I decided to try it on the tub, I figured it couldn't make it any worse. To my surprised it removed the stain instantly. You may want to try a tiny bit with a q-tip of something to make sure it won't damage it.

Dirty Bathtub and Fixtures
Cleaning a Stained Bathtub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 18, 2011
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄