Removing Stains on a Couch

I have a rusty looking stain on my couch. I've tried lots of different things to get it out. I'm afraid I've ruined the fabric. Does anyone have any neat ideas how to conceal the area? I can't afford to reupholster it or buy a new one. - Clara

Stain on Couch

Suggestions: throw rug, afghan, quilt. If you don't have any of these try your local thrift store. Goodwill often has afghans. Look at fabric stores for sales and purchase an attractive window covering and make a throw which fits into your decor. (03/31/2001)

By infowiz

Stain on Couch

Depending on the size of the stain, you may be able to find a piece of fabric that coordinates with your couch. You didn't mention where it was (on an arm, a cushion) so that makes it harder to suggest a fix. Sometimes if you turn your couch over you can find extra fabric (you may have to take off the cheesecloth on the bottom.) which you could use to patch the place. Slip covers are also available. - Anna (04/09/2001)

Removing Stains on a Couch
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Two girls putting on nail polish on a couch.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch