Removing Starch from an Iron

How do you remove starch from an iron?

Henrietta Bell from Houston, TX

Removing Starch from an Iron

The best tip I've seen for removing "gunk" from an iron is to wet an old towel and using the highest heat on the iron, iron it back and forth on the old wet towel until the build up is gone. You can rewet the towel as needed. Also, if your iron isn't a teflon or coated bottom iron, I read that you can use a soap pad (SOS?) and that should work. I think I'd opt for the wet towel. (04/17/2006)

By Luvyabye

Removing Starch from an Iron

My mom always did this; put an old towel on board then brown paper bag. Then a wax paper sheet. With the wax paper on top, heat the iron to the hottest setting. Then press on wax paper and run iron over it, then she would run iron over another brown bag and it was clean. Works everytime. My irons are still in box from wedding gifts over 11 years ago and I have one to use for crafts. It's all wash and wear for us. (04/19/2006)

By meoowmom

Removing Starch from an Iron

Turn iron on and let it heat up. Then carefully, so you don't burn yourself, wipe off all the gunk with a few dryer sheets - works great! (04/20/2006)

By Darrie

Removing Starch from an Iron
Starched Shirt
Cleaning Starch from Clothing
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
starched blue dress shirt
Starching Clothing
Corn Starch
Uses for Corn Starch