Removing Sticker Adhesive from Books

How do you remove stickiness from books where old stickers have been removed?

By Valdnada from Norfolk, NE

Answers:

Removing Sticker Adhesive from Books

The only thing I've ever used is Goo Gone. One bottles lasts for years! (04/21/2009)

By jannieb

Removing Sticker Adhesive from Books

I totally agree with jannieb, Goo Gone is GREAT! I am copying my post from several months ago about my method for using this product.

I absolutely LOVE the product Goo Gone! I use it a lot! I have discovered a very economical way to use this product. First, I buy the large package of cotton swabs at the Dollar Tree for $1.00. There were 300 swabs in the package that I purchased.

Second, you can find a small bottle of Goo Gone also at the Dollar Tree. When I need to use Goo Gone, I simply put the tip of the cotton swab at the opening of the Goo Gone. I put just enough Goo Gone to fill the tip and begin using the loaded cotton swab on the stickiness that I need to remove. I use the stem of the swab as my tool to work the sticky off the surface.

If I don't need to use the other end, I just pop the swab into two pieces and discard the used side. I save the other end for the next time.

Source: Me. I hated getting the stickiness on my hands and knew that there had to be a better way and not waste so much of the product.

Hope you try this product and like it as much as I do.
(04/21/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

Removing Sticker Adhesive from Books

Goo Gone is an excellent product to remove stickers and price tags from many different materials. I prefer the spray but the liquid works well also. You can buy Goo Gone at most hardware stores or Walmart near the paint supplies. (04/28/2009)

By shelleyann

Removing Sticker Adhesive from Books

Yes! Goo Gone. I work in a library and that's what we use on the library books. (04/28/2009)

By PamWh

Removing Sticker Adhesive from Books
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
🎉
🎄