Removing Sticker Residue on Inside of Shoe

How do I remove the sticky residue left from a sticker on inside of shoe, under my heel? It is leather, so I don't know if I can use Goo Gone. When I walk, one heel sticks and makes noise every time I take a step. Very frustrating!

By Christine K.

Showing: Answers Sort

By Janette 91 153 Flag

The absolute best product to use is called Un-Du. Goo gone does not work as well. Un-du will remove chewing gum like magic. It will unstick pictures that are stuck together and not harm them at all. It removes postage stamps if you make a mistake addressing the envelope and when Un-Du dries the stamp will be sticky again and ready to use. You can buy this product in craft stores and I have even dseen it at Lowes. Forget the other adhesive removers. They do not work like Un-Du works. One more thing...Un-Du does not leave a mark. It disappears when it evaporates. I put some on the label,peel it off or add a little more then when label or sticker is gone I put some on a rag and wipe off the sticky residue. You might have to repeat a couple times. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kaitlyn.vialpando 1 Flag

I bought a pair of sandals that have that suede type fabric and right under my heels there were stickers that rubbed off, leaving a sticky residue. I read all over different methods so I started going down the list. First I tried letting peanut butter sit on it, then I wiped it away with paper towels (which didn't work) and then I tried wiping it with a cotton ball and it was still super sticky. Then I tried rubbing in all sorts of directions with 100% acetone nail polish remover and cotton balls again. Still it felt sticky to me.

So then I tried vegetable oil with cotton balls. I let it sit for a minute or so and then would rub in any direction where it looked like the suede was going different directions and the residue was lifting. In the end, I have the circular spots still there, but since they are sandals, I don't mind especially since they are dried and no longer sticky.

Just experiment a little with things that you know won't ruin the fabric in your shoes. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherJuly 30, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 10, 2016 at 9:48:47 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 632 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings