Removing Sticker Residue on Inside of Shoe

How do I remove the sticky residue left from a sticker on inside of shoe, under my heel? It is leather, so I don't know if I can use Goo Gone. When I walk, one heel sticks and makes noise every time I take a step. Very frustrating!

By Christine K.

The absolute best product to use is called Un-Du. Goo gone does not work as well. Un-du will remove chewing gum like magic. It will unstick pictures that are stuck together and not harm them at all. It removes postage stamps if you make a mistake addressing the envelope and when Un-Du dries the stamp will be sticky again and ready to use. You can buy this product in craft stores and I have even dseen it at Lowes. Forget the other adhesive removers. They do not work like Un-Du works. One more thing...Un-Du does not leave a mark. It disappears when it evaporates. I put some on the label,peel it off or add a little more then when label or sticker is gone I put some on a rag and wipe off the sticky residue. You might have to repeat a couple times. Hope this helps.

I bought a pair of sandals that have that suede type fabric and right under my heels there were stickers that rubbed off, leaving a sticky residue. I read all over different methods so I started going down the list. First I tried letting peanut butter sit on it, then I wiped it away with paper towels (which didn't work) and then I tried wiping it with a cotton ball and it was still super sticky. Then I tried rubbing in all sorts of directions with 100% acetone nail polish remover and cotton balls again. Still it felt sticky to me.

So then I tried vegetable oil with cotton balls. I let it sit for a minute or so and then would rub in any direction where it looked like the suede was going different directions and the residue was lifting. In the end, I have the circular spots still there, but since they are sandals, I don't mind especially since they are dried and no longer sticky.

Just experiment a little with things that you know won't ruin the fabric in your shoes. :)