Removing Stickers from Delicate Clothing

My daughter left a name tag sticker on a brand new black blouse. I washed it, but did not dry it and realized that the sticker was there. How do I get the sticker off now. I have kept it wet and I don't want to pick at it because it is a delicate top and it causes peeling of the fabric if I do so. Please help to save the top.

Karyn from Orange Park, FL

I've used a product called "GooGone" for just that purpose. Spot test on a hem first, but it should do the trick. (02/23/2006)

By jseiler

The GooGone will work. But you could also try an iron, set on the correct setting for the fabric, on the reverse side of the fabric with a piece of paper towel underneath. The glue should melt and stick to the towel.

Depending on the fabric, rubbing alcohol will also dissolve the glue, but test on a small area first to be sure it won't damage the fabric.
Good luck to you! (02/24/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

Wood Door
Removing Stickers from a Wood Door
child's hands cutting out a butterfly drawing
Making Homemade Stickers
Bumper Stickers on Car
Using Bumper Stickers
A bottle of Goo Gone, great for removing stickers from plastic.
Removing Stickers from Plastic