Removing Sticky Residue

To remove sticky residue left after removal of a sticker on a product, rub some vegetable oil on the spot, let it sit for an hour, and then wash with hot soapy water. There's no need to buy expensive removers like GOO Be Gone.

By Barbara Hauser

Removing Sticker Goo

If the sticker was on something that you don't want to use oil on try putting in the freezer, in fact....put into the freezer before peeling the sticker..let it freeze completely, peel off. (07/27/2004)

By Diamondee

Removing Sticker Goo

To remove leftover sticky stuff from stickers, simple use a little babyoil.

By Renee V (07/11/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Sticker Residue

Rubbing alcohol also works for removing adhesive residue, in case you don't wish to use oil on a particular object. (07/12/2005)

By P.

Removing Sticker Residue

That is a great idea. I must say that Goo Gone is not expensive considering a little goes such a very long way. Sometimes paying for something that lasts and lasts is a real value also.

By the way, the product also works great if you happen to have a little person who has gum in their hair! (07/12/2005)

By Patti

Removing Sticker Residue

Thanks so much for the tip. I have some containers that came with chicken salad or potato salad in them originally. I love to use them for storing leftovers in, however, I have never been able to completely get the stickers and the sticky off. You can bet I will be trying this one out. Thanks again. (07/17/2005)

Removing Sticker Residue

That works great! Santa brought us a new Power Wheels car with a HUGE sticker on the front windshield and your solution worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.

Kip (12/24/2005)

remove goo

Thanks it worked great on the goo stuck to my mirror from a fly trap

By Ec

Removing Sticker Residue

I sometimes use a squirt of aerosol hairspray, deodorant or fly spray. Leave for a minute or two and viola the sticky stuff comes right off. You could also try some eucalyptus oil if you have any. (12/09/2006)

By K from Oz

Removing Sticker Residue

For some reason, Axe deodorant works perfectly. Just spray on the affected sticker gunked area and let it sit for 10 seconds. Then wipe around and wait. Works nicely. (12/15/2006)

By Fellow Traveler

Removing Sticker Residue of a delicate shoe

I Use hair spray or Tinacin(foot & sneaker deodorant). After the sticker is out and leaves some residue, put some oil (I used anti frizz oil - for hair) and scrub with your finger nail. (12/28/2006)

By Sol

Removing Sticker Residue

I removed a "caution, hot surface" sticker that was meant to stay on the top of my new stainless steel toaster oven for its lifespan. I tried most of the things I found on this site, but for this stubborn residue that was designed to endure heat, I used peppermint oil (didn't have eucalyptus). Seeing that this left a strange haze, I put hot water on a rag to remove any traces of peppermint oil, wiped the surface dry and then polished it w/ Noxon metal cleaner. (01/01/2007)

By Veronica

Removing Sticker Residue

Pam or any non stick cooking spray works instantly at getting off sticky residue! (01/23/2007)

By ah

Removing Sticker Residue

I just used nail polish remover. There was glue residue from the high chair pad that collected food. I cleaned as much off as I could with warm soapy water and high pressure garden hose. Then I rubbed what was left with nail polish remover. Worked like a charm.(quote)(/quote) (03/22/2007)

By nancy

Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Close up of racks of woks for sale.  You can see the sticker reflected from the inside of the pan
Cleaning Glue Residue From Pots and Pans