Removing Sticky Residue

I am removing contact paper from my kitchen cabinet shelves and it is leaving a sticking residue. What can I use to clean this sticking residue off?

Thank you.

Susie from Fernandina Beach, FL

Removing Sticky Residue

WD 40 will remove sticky gunk. (08/06/2007)

By kladybug

Removing Sticky Residue

WD 40 or Skin So Soft (08/06/2007)

By lavonneann

Removing Sticky Residue

My daughter had a binder that she couldn't get the sticker residue off.
So I just used baby oil. It works like a charm! (08/11/2007)

By MIss Cutie

Removing Sticky Residue

I have usually used nail varnish remover to remove sticker residue but tried your tip and used deodorant. It easily removed the residue, that alcohol and vegetable oil could not, from the lid of an aquarium. (09/18/2007)

By Steve from the UK

Removing Sticky Residue

Dish soap works well. (11/28/2007)

Removing Sticky Residue

I tried oil and it didn't work at all, WD-40 did the trick. It leaves a bit of a smell though. (01/03/2008)

By daniel

Removing Sticky Residue

Just used nail polish remover on my $200 wallet. I was scared at first, but it worked amazingly. Thank-you (01/24/2008)

By emerly

Removing Sticky Residue

Toothpaste works rather nicely as well. Just removed a sticker from the top of my TV, put some toothpaste on it, and it slid right off! (02/10/2008)

By Bryan

Removing Sticky Residue

Try lighter fluid!(03/04/2008)

By J.R.

Removing Sticky Residue

Goo Ggone works like a charm.

By Tammy

Removing Sticky Residue

Tried everything to remove a dang manufacture sticker for my TV. Toothpaste worked the best. (06/11/2008)

By brittney

Removing Sticky Residue

WD 40 & a Soft Toothbrush did the trick. It required a bit of effort, but it worked! Definitely use a all purpose cleaner afterwards followed by a few wipes with damp cloth. Thanks for the hints, someone has gotta tells these companies to find a better way to attach warning notices. Way too much work! Ciao~ (07/08/2008)

By Yankee Mark

Removing Sticky Residue

I used Mennen's deodorant to remove a sticky substance from the back of my telephone. We had used duct tape to tape a phone number to the back of the phone and when we removed it, the entire phone was a sticky mess. The deodorant removed it immediately. (07/11/2008)

By Elaine

Removing Sticky Residue

After reading some of these I tried toothpaste as that is all I have on hand currently and it worked great! Took it off like a charm! (07/21/2008)

By Katie

Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Close up of racks of woks for sale.  You can see the sticker reflected from the inside of the pan
Cleaning Glue Residue From Pots and Pans