Removing Sweat Stains and Odor from Clothing

Does anyone have any sure-fire solutions for removing yellowish sweat stains from underarms of white shirts?

By MT

Answers:

He needs to put vinegar under arms after bath. Nothing else is needed, good luck. (04/11/2010)

By kffrmw88

I just heard this on the CBS Early Show this morning, and posted it as a contest submission: crush one regular aspirin per half cup of hot water. Dissolve the aspirin in the water and soak your clothes in it for a couple of hours. Wash as usual.

As for the odor, I'm with everyone who says to use vinegar. I put a couple of caps of white vinegar in my laundry's rinse cycle. It's not only a good odor eliminator, it softens my clothes. But then, that might be different if I hung my clothes to dry. (04/15/2010)

By JustPlainJo