Browsing: Removing Tar from Skin

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Tar from Skin

Tar can be a difficult thing to remove if it accidentally gets on your skin. This is a guide about removing tar from skin.

man applying tar

September 16, 2013 Flag

My sons got into a bucket of roofing tar 18 years ago (then only 3 and 4 years old!) They covered themselves from head to toe with it. I learned that it does not just come off in the bath! The photo I have shared was taken after three days of me working on them and cleaning them up. How to Remove Tar from Skin

So, if you ever find yourself covered in tar, here is what you do. Get vaseline and baby oil. Rub it on nice and thick and work it in then wipe it off with something you can throw away afterwards, because it will be ruined. Be sure to not touch anything too because it can get real messy until you have completely removed all the tar! If it gets in your hair then cutting it out may be the only option. Hope this tip can help someone!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 21, 2013
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
A man applying coal tar shampoo.
Using Coal Tar Shampoo
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 4:25:13 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.