Removing Tree Sap From a Car

My son came home from school with his car covered with tree sap. It has dried on to a lacquer finish. I have tried lots of sap removers and car polishes but it still will not come off. I would appreciate some suggestion.

Lou from Spring, Texas

Answers:

Removing Tree Sap From a Car

Try Avon skin so soft bath oil. It removed gummy residue from tape, it also removes tar and doesnt harm paint finishes (07/25/2006)

By

Removing Tree Sap From a Car

Try rubbing alcohol, WD-40, or Skin-So-Soft bath oil. Wash the car afterwards to remove any residue. (07/26/2006)

By mef1957

Removing Tree Sap From a Car

Have you tried Witchhazel? You can find it in the pharmacy around rubbing alcohol. I've heard to use this on skin, but I don't know how it will work on a car. (07/27/2006)

By Dawn Salisbury

Removing Tree Sap From a Car

Heard about using peanut butter from a housewife, and can't wait for a mild day to try it Fortunately , the 'sap source' was cut down.

The rationale behind using peanut butter is not that 'it sticks too the roof of your car', but,that the oil doesn't evaporate as fast as most solvents. I'll opt for the 'all natural' spread , as it should
remove the spots in a JIFFY. (02/27/2007)

By Edouardo

Christmas tree on top of an SUV.
Removing Tree Sap from a Car
Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tree Sap From Laminate Flooring
A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🎉
🎄