Removing Urine Odors in an Elementary School Bathroom

Elementary School bathrooms are known for having a certain scent. This guide has tips on removing urine odor in elementary school bathroom.

September 3, 2007 Flag

What removes urine odor from an elementary school bathroom? I am a custodian, and little boys seem to "miss" quite often. The products provided by the school aren't working very well. There always seems to be an underlying urine odor. I haven't been at this job very long, so any help would really be appreciated!

Barb from Kellogg, IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Dilute vinegar and spray on the area surrounding the urinals/toilets. Allow to dry. Vinegar neutralizes urine odors.

Best Answer

I read online quite awhile ago - may have been on this site - that using Suave green apple shampoo works well. I have used it repeatedly in an elderly person's bathroom and have had good results. Just add it to your cleaning water. It removes the odor and freshens the air at the same time. And best of all, it is CHEAP!

Best Answer

OdoBan comes in a gallon jug and can be diluted to use in a spray bottle, or in a mop bucket. This is what is used in nursing homes to keep the odor to a minimum. You can purchase this at Amazon:

https://www.ama  eywords=ODOR+BAN

Best Answer

I too work as a custodian for the school district, what I have used is pure lemon juice. Pour it around the base of the toilet and surrounding walls, let it set for 30 minutes, then clean bathroom as usual. Also, put the juice in a spray bottle, use it around and inside of the urinals as well.

Best Answer

Tap-a-drop Original works great:

https://www.ama  al/dp/B000AM2I4Y

After having worked in an elementary school for a couple years now. I often wondered about the walls. I have had to take my kids they were all special ed into the bathroom and stay there with them. But those regular kids I have seen playing with "things" need I say more. The urine was everywhere. So even if you are cleaning the floors and the walls it is probably in somewhere, or on something we could never imagine. Also try vinegar. I use that for the dog urine cleanup.

Bleach.

Maybe something like this can be done to improve their aim:

http://urbanleg  ly_in_urinal.htm

I read this post looking for advice because I'm having this problem with my "boys" (hubby & teenage son), as well as any visiting friends of my son. I can't wait to try the vinegar immediately (it's cheap & have this on hand).

P.S. Maryeileen: I was curious enough to click on the link & sure enjoyed a good laugh! Great idea! (Reminds me of putting a Cheerio in the commode water for aiming when potty training that now 13 year old son - maybe I need to do that again!) Leah

Urine in the home my dad does it all the time he doesn't remember what can I do to get rid of the smell in the bathroom

Bathroom toilet with the seat up.
Removing Urine Odors from a Bathroom
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 8, 2017
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Couch with urine odors.
Removing Urine Odors from a Couch
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 10:10:14 AM on 10.0.1.246 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.