Removing Urine Odors in an Elementary School Bathroom

Category Bathroom
Elementary School bathrooms are known for having a certain scent. This guide has tips on removing urine odor in elementary school bathroom.

What removes urine odor from an elementary school bathroom? I am a custodian, and little boys seem to "miss" quite often. The products provided by the school aren't working very well. There always seems to be an underlying urine odor. I haven't been at this job very long, so any help would really be appreciated!

Barb from Kellogg, IA

Best Answer

Dilute vinegar and spray on the area surrounding the urinals/toilets. Allow to dry. Vinegar neutralizes urine odors.

Best Answer

I read online quite awhile ago - may have been on this site - that using Suave green apple shampoo works well. I have used it repeatedly in an elderly person's bathroom and have had good results. Just add it to your cleaning water. It removes the odor and freshens the air at the same time. And best of all, it is CHEAP!

Best Answer

OdoBan comes in a gallon jug and can be diluted to use in a spray bottle, or in a mop bucket. This is what is used in nursing homes to keep the odor to a minimum. You can purchase this at Amazon:

https://www.ama  eywords=ODOR+BAN

Best Answer

I too work as a custodian for the school district, what I have used is pure lemon juice. Pour it around the base of the toilet and surrounding walls, let it set for 30 minutes, then clean bathroom as usual. Also, put the juice in a spray bottle, use it around and inside of the urinals as well.

Best Answer

Tap-a-drop Original works great:

https://www.ama  al/dp/B000AM2I4Y

After having worked in an elementary school for a couple years now. I often wondered about the walls. I have had to take my kids they were all special ed into the bathroom and stay there with them. But those regular kids I have seen playing with "things" need I say more. The urine was everywhere. So even if you are cleaning the floors and the walls it is probably in somewhere, or on something we could never imagine. Also try vinegar. I use that for the dog urine cleanup.

Bleach.

I read this post looking for advice because I'm having this problem with my "boys" (hubby & teenage son), as well as any visiting friends of my son. I can't wait to try the vinegar immediately (it's cheap & have this on hand).

P.S. Maryeileen: I was curious enough to click on the link & sure enjoyed a good laugh! Great idea! (Reminds me of putting a Cheerio in the commode water for aiming when potty training that now 13 year old son - maybe I need to do that again!) Leah

Urine in the home my dad does it all the time he doesn't remember what can I do to get rid of the smell in the bathroom

I as well work as a custodian in a elementary school.the boys bathroom is horrible.the pee smell.i have bought several products to try to eliminated the odor.i have read several remedies.is the lemon juice or vinegar best?or baking soda?