Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet

You used vinegar to remove a stubborn odor from the carpet only to have a problem now getting rid of the vinegar smell. This is a guide about removing vinegar smell from carpet.

April 12, 2010 Flag

How do you remove vinegar smell from carpet in a car? I spilled a gallon of milk on my car carpet and immediately cleaned up with water, then applied a mix of cider vinegar and water.

That dried, now it stinks like vinegar. I shampooed it and have tried baking soda and it still stinks so bad. Help! I love my car and can't afford to trade it, but I have allergies and the smell is annoying my allergies and stomach.

By Vicki from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You might want to try putting a container of coffee grounds in your car for awhile. I know it gets rid of cigarette smoke, and that is pretty hard to remove.

Let the vinegar dry completely. The smell will be gone. Dried vinegar does not have any smell after it is throughly dry. It will take a while for the carpet pad to dry. Put a fan in the room. I use vinegar and water and rags to wash my carpeting. It takes off all dirt, etc. And even 'street dirt' from shoes. google 'uses for vinegar'. It will surprise you. Good luck, but you don't actually need it!

Just let it dry the smell will disappear on it own.

March 30, 2015 Flag

I used white vinegar to remove stains and pet urine from the carpet, it worked, but now an awful vinegar smell is left. It has been 4 days now and the smell is almost stronger. I tried washing it, but that didn't help. It still has a strong vinegar odor. Help. I am getting ready to replace carpet.

By Deb K

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetApril 27, 2013
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 12:29:41 AM on 10.0.0.139 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.