Removing Vomit Stains On Carpet

I have a cat who has been throwing, which then leads to a stain in the carpet. We have a Bissell pet spot remover and we have tried other Bissell products to get the stains out and nothing seems to work. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestion.

Danielle from Orlando, FL

Answers:

Removing Vomit Stains On Carpet

Try these steps:

1. Scrape up solids with a spoon or dull knife. Blot up as much of the stain as possible with white paper towels.

2. Neutralize the stain by spraying the area with a solution of 1 tablespoon ammonia and 1 cup warm water. Do not use ammonia solution on wool carpets! Just skip down to the next step.

3. Sponge the area with a solution of 1 teaspoon mild, non-alkali detergent and 1/2 pint lukewarm water. Continue to apply detergent and blot with paper towels until the stain is removed.

4. Once the stain is removed, spray lightly with water. Place an absorbent pad over the damp area and weigh it down with a heavy object. When no more liquid is absorbed, remove the pad and allow carpet to thoroughly air dry.

5. If an odor remains after the area is dried, sprinkle the area with baking soda. Let it sit for a couple of hours, then vacuum.
source: http://blogs.findanyfloor.com/consumer/CareAndMaintenance/RemovingVomitFromCarpet.xhtml (10/16/2008)

By Ken

Removing Vomit Stains On Carpet

I had the same problem with my cat and my dog. They always seemed to get sick on my beige carpeting. Faithfully I use Woolite Carpet Cleaner with OxiClean in it. I really saturate the spot and it has worked every time. Even when my dog got some "dodo" on the beige carpeting. Good luck! (11/08/2008)

By MLP89

Removing Vomit Stains On Carpet

I have found that you let the stain dry if possible. Then dab a bit of 91% rubbing alcohol on a white rag and gently rub the carpet. Keep rubbing onto stain until gone The 91% rubbing alcohol works much much better than the 70% kind, so be careful to buy the correct formulation. Hope this helps. Qwner of 5 cats! (12/04/2008)

By Janine

Removing Vomit Stains On Carpet

I have white carpet and use straight hydrogen peroxide on the stain and it works almost every time. Some dry cat foods leave a faint yellow stain so I'm going to try the shaving cream suggestion to see if that works. (02/10/2010)

By freebiedee

Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄