Removing Wallpaper

I could use some advice for removing wallpaper.

By waitress from Brick, NJ

Answers:

Removing Wallpaper

I had to remove a wallpaper border once. You can go to the hardware store and buy a "special" scoring device to cut into the wallpaper or just use an Exacto knife (just be sure not to gouge into the wall). Mix 30% vinegar and 70% water in a spray bottle and spray on scored wallpaper. Let soak a while and scrape off. (03/09/2010)

By Jeannie B

Removing Wallpaper

I've only recently found out about the scoring tool, but it looks like a great invention. I have always started at a seam and using a sponge wetted with warm water and really soaked the paper. I have always used a plastic knife to get in-between the paper and the wall, as I think it's safer for the wall and me! When there's residue left on the wall, re-wet the area and gently scrape it with the knife. Good luck. It's not as daunting as it seems. (03/09/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Removing Wallpaper

If it is the wallpaper that you wet and apply, then you can pull off the top layer and there should be a second layer.
Fill a spray bottle with warm water and spray this layer, really soak it. Do a large area and by the time you have wet the area, the first part will be ready to remove. Just use a plastic scraper (I use a pancake flipper) and it will peel right off. Then get a pail of water with TSP to remove the gluey film. It the wallpaper was put up with paste, you will need to get some wallpaper remover. (03/12/2010)

By PICO

Man Removing Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄