Removing Wallpaper

How do I easily remove wallpaper border?

By Janet from Valdosta, GA

Answers:

Removing Wallpaper

I fill a spray bottle half full of warm water and fill the rest of the way with a cheap brand of fabric softener. Spray on paper in sheets, leave on 15-20 minutes, it will pull off the entire sheet of paper. If you have vinyl coated paper you will need to slice through at intervals and then spray so the liquid can seep to the back. Good luck. (06/09/2010)

By yoder178

Removing Wallpaper

I have used warm water and white vinegar, measured half and half in a spray bottle. I put down a drop cloth and simply sprayed the wall, let it set about 5 minutes. I'd get a corner at the top and it pulled off in one piece. I kept the paper and when it was dry again, I recycled it.

My kitchen cabinets had an insert in the door instead of a full panel. I took the insert out wet the wall paper and put it on it with a wet rag. I then put the insert back, tacked it back up with small tacks. I had "new" refaced cabinets! My friends all loved the idea! (06/09/2010)

By Shelyn

Removing Wallpaper

I just removed a border that has been up for 9 years. I used a spray bottle of 50/50 vinegar and warm water with a little bit of Dawn dish soap and it worked great! (11/04/2010)

By ffshoe

Man Removing Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄