Removing Wallpaper

Is there an easy way to remove wallpaper?

Cat from Winthrop, MA

Answers:

Removing Wallpaper

Use a spray bottle and spray fabric softener on the wall paper. Let it sit and soak up the fabric softener a few minutes, then use a metal drywall spreader (forgot what it's called) and scrape off the wall paper. Works pretty well w/o using toxic chemicals. My dad uses this when renovating houses. (10/31/2007)

By SAM

Removing Wallpaper

Try a spray bottle with warm water and liquid fabric softener. Spray liberally on the paper and it should peel off easily. (10/31/2007)

By Sara

Removing Wallpaper

We renovated our 1945-ish home. I had good luck using Downey fabric softener. I made a strong solution of Downey and water (3/4 parts Downey) put it in a spray bottle. I sprayed the wallpaper really well, waited about 15 minutes. I used a scraper and the wallpaper came off easily. (10/31/2007)

By Wendy

Removing Wallpaper

The easiest way and this works great is to get liquid fabric softener and dilute with some water. Then use an old rag and apply generously, wait a few minutes for it to penetrate and start peeling!(11/01/2007)

By luvmykidz

Removing Wallpaper

Use equal parts white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle. Saturate, and then just peel it off. Worked great when my girlfriend and I used it on her walls. (11/01/2007)

By Linda

Removing Wallpaper

All of the suggestions are great but to make the job go a lot quicker is to use a Paper Tiger tool which is available at Home Depot type stores. It lightly scores the paper for the fluid to react faster. It's also a fun tool to use. Just don't press down too hard or you will leave pit marks in your walls. (11/01/2007)

By Annie

Removing Wallpaper

I just used warm water, an a putty knife and it came off of a really old house we bought. Every wall had old wall paper on them .( (11/09/2007)

By lillian

Removing Wallpaper

Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Spray it on with a bottle until damp, it then pulls away with little effort. I took 5 layers off my bathroom, some of it was the metallic type. Make sure it's damp before pulling. (11/16/2007)

By Crystal.

Man Removing Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄