Removing Water Marks from Leather Furniture

Does anyone know how to get water marks off of leather furniture? In my case it is an antique table with a leather top. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Vicki from Bellevue

Answers:

Use a soft clean cloth and pour full strength vinegar on the cloth. Work in small areas and lightly wipe. Try not to saturate the leather surface. You may need to let it dry and then wipe a second time depending on how long it has been on the table. (08/03/2004)

By Julie

Not sure about furniture, per se, but Armor All makes a great leather cleaner/restorer wipe for leather car interiors. My Mom's car had water stains all over her leather seats. The seats are beige, and the water left big white blotches. I cleaned it with the Armor All wipes, and it disappeared completely. Now the color is completely even. It was less than 5$ for the whole can of wipes at the auto supply store. May be worth a try. (06/03/2005)

By Marie2005

Cleaning Boyfriends Really Dirty from Leather Furniture

I'd try Saddle Soap. Try some in an out of the way place first. If it seems to be working, try the rest of the couch. Don't use it if the couch is suede, but if it is smooth leather, it should work.

Susan from ThriftyFun (07/14/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Leather Cleaning Advice fom a Pro

Stop. For those of you that have furniture do not use saddle soap or Armor All wipes. Your leather needs to breath and these products although they have the ability to make the piece temporally look good, they are having a negative effect in the long run. A very mild cleaner is all you should be using. Some of the finished leather being sold today is very delicate and the color can easily be removed. Mostly from over rubbing. We clean leather for a living.

mobileleatherservice.com (01/20/2006)

By Steve

Just got that NO Bull stuff and it worked really good. They also had some stuff to break in a baseball glove that was absolutely amazing its called Glove Loogie. Thanks thriftyfun.com.
(05/05/2006)

By Monica

I have an antique end table that is wood, with a leather insert, almost the whole size of the table top, it is part of a 3 piece set. I also have a water stain on the side table. A drink was left on there with no coaster. I was told by a furniture refinisher, whom I trust, that the leather would have to be replaced, as there is no way to fix this. (07/14/2008)

By catastrofy

I inherited leather topped antique coffee tables and one had white rings. I'd heard that white toothpaste would remove as it does on wood. So I smeared some white toothpaste on the white ring with my fingers and let it sit for about an hour. Then when I wiped off the toothpaste the rings were gone. If this doesn't work right away apply toothpaste again and leave on longer. (07/17/2008)

By kkquick

Leather Furniture
Removing Water Marks on Leather Furniture
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Leather Furniture
🎉
🎄