Removing Water Marks from Wood Furniture

How do I remove water marks from wooden furniture?

Elizabeth from Sidmouth

Answers:

My 4 year old smeared hand sanitizer on my cherry nightstand and then stuck credit cards and business cards to it. I was devastated because our bedroom set was purchased with our wedding money almost 14 years ago. Right now it is the best furniture we have with three kids! I was sick that the cards were stuck and when removed they all left white marks. Not foggy white, but white-white marks. I pulled out the mayo, baking soda and hair dryer and went to work. It is virtually gone. I will do one more application in the morning, but I am sure what remains is only noticeable to me. THANK YOU! :) (08/22/2008)

By Mary

This may sound silly but it works, put waxed paper over the water mark, yes, just regular old waxed paper you buy on the roll, and heat your iron to warming, gently iron the spot with a towel over the top of the paper, and voila, water mark is gone. Happy ironing! (08/25/2008)

By Nallorey

So, my mom was infuriated at how my sisters and I left our cups on the wooden table. Which caused a few unsightly water rings. When she left the house for a bit I googled My problem and came to this site. I Tried using just a small dab of Mayo on each spot, after a few seconds of rubbing with a paper towel the spots were gone. If you looked at the table from an angle, you could see the damage but the cloudy marks were gone!

Hopefully she will be pleased when she gets home. (08/30/2008)

By Bee

Doubted and feared ruining my table with this remedy but the mark was huge and white from sanitizer so I had to try the mayo + baking soda + hair dryer trick. It worked! amazing. Power of the net - thank you thank you (09/06/2008)

By James

This is amazing! I first used the mayo/baking soda and it definitely faded the stains on a cherry dining table. But I then used the soft cloth/iron and the stains are completely gone. Thank you so much! (09/14/2008)

By laverne

I tried the wax paper and a towel and it really worked! Looks great! I have a vintage dining table with diamond cut wood veneers in different colors and a vase leaked onto the dark wood part! I thought it was ruined!
Thank you. Thank you! (09/21/2008)

By megan/ohio

Water Mark on Wood
White rings left by drinks on a wood table.
Removing Drink Rings from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎉
🎄